Advertise test here
Advertise test here
- Linked with a Scottish International striker and should Bent take the penalties?
- Aston Villa vs Newcastle Player Ratings
- Agbonlahor is named Villa’s player of the month for August, who gets your vote?
- Kevin Macdonald earns a promotion and a new GK coach is brought in.
- Aston Villa Player Ratings from our battling 2-2 draw with Everton.
- International round-up as our Villa heroes shine.
- Under 21 roundup, star would have quit had Houllier stayed, more links to an old boy and Bent update….busy day!
- Rating our new arrivals out of 10, because we can.
- Transfer Deadline Day – All the updates here.
- 24 hours to go. Thank the lord.
Wow, just wow. Things are gonna get messy
- Updated: April 24, 2012
I’ve been sat here for 20 minutes or so after that, just thinking about what has just happened these last two hours or so.
We looked good for an hour or so, and then madness ensued. I began updating our Facebook page after Warnock put us 1-0 up, then saw it was 1-1. I went back to our Facebook page and somehow it was 2-1. All the hard work made redundant in a mad minute.
I couldn’t see us losing really, despite how poor we’ve been this season and in particular at Villa Park. We looked liked we’d set up for a draw, and for two thirds of this match it looked like we might get the win. Now? Well things are gonna get messy put it that way.
It’s still in our own hands thankfully, but do we look like getting many points? A win would still probably keep us up, but I’m struggling to see where it’s going to come from. Yes we have injuries, and plenty of them but it’s embarrassing that it’s come to this. QPR have Chelsea and Man City away but we’ve seen already that relying on other teams to do us favours isn’t a good tactic, plus Chelsea are going to be somewhat tired after their heroics tonight.
We deserve everything coming to us. Appointing McLeish was in 9 out of 10 scenarios not going to be pretty, and what many has predicted has come to pass. I never wanted McLeish here, but I equally didn’t think we’d be in a situation like this. How wrong I was.
Tonight also marked the night the massed turned against the manager. Villa Park has been somewhat muted in their feelings, not tonight.
I’m still kind of numb to be honest, and changes need to be made. I’d be surprised if any managerial changes took place before the end of the season, regardless of the mess we’re in but his position is rapidly becoming untenable.
What a disaster.