Advertise test here
Advertise test here
- Linked with a Scottish International striker and should Bent take the penalties?
- Aston Villa vs Newcastle Player Ratings
- Agbonlahor is named Villa’s player of the month for August, who gets your vote?
- Kevin Macdonald earns a promotion and a new GK coach is brought in.
- Aston Villa Player Ratings from our battling 2-2 draw with Everton.
- International round-up as our Villa heroes shine.
- Under 21 roundup, star would have quit had Houllier stayed, more links to an old boy and Bent update….busy day!
- Rating our new arrivals out of 10, because we can.
- Transfer Deadline Day – All the updates here.
- 24 hours to go. Thank the lord.
What the Villa Faithful Want From Their New Manager
- Updated: May 17, 2012
This post has been written by Sam Tighe, and I’m delighted he’s taken the time to contribute to the site. He’s produced some great work previously, so if you’re on Twitter give him a follow using the link at the bottom of the article. He loves his football and loves his Villa, great combo
‘Aston Villa dispensed with Alex McLeish quickly and efficiently come
the end of the season and to be honest, I felt nothing but relief.
Not only did I wish to see the man gone as soon as possible, I had
reason to worry that we’d either stick with him or dawdle with the
Luckily, the board have been listening this season. The booing on the
terraces cue the final whistle against Bolton Wanderers was something
I’ve never heard in my life. Such vociferous whistles of derision have
surely never been heard from our stands before?
Turning the page, the next appointment could not be more critical.
Another wrong move and Villa will be five years away from making any
progress in the league, effectively becoming the next Bolton: the very
opposition we expected to beat one month ago.
The important thing for Villa fans now is to be treated with a bit of
respect. We protested last year, but it was not solely because Alex
McLeish had a previous assocation with our city rivals Birmingham like
the media suggested at times.
Deep down, we all knew it was a bad appointment for footballing
reasons. He’d just taken a club down, it wasn’t the first time, and
that should not be rewarded with an effective promotion.
The brand of football Villa played under the Scot’s stewardship was
ugly, disjointed and borderline unwatchable at times – something which
brings me to my point:
Villa fans want respect for themselves and respect for the club. The
team was not looked on fondly by any neutral last season, with many
professing their disgust or profound sympathy for what had happened to
a team challenging for the UEFA Champions League just two seasons
Whoever the appointment is, Randy Lerner, make it one that will bring
the fight, spirit and confidence back to Villa Park. Make it one that
injects optimism into the team and stands and lastly, make it one that
sets this great football club up to be a contender once more in the
Thanks again to Sam for his thoughts, check out his Twitter here!